The PMIWDC Mentoring Program is intended to assist mentors and protégés to obtain a specific skill or set of skills while giving back and sharing past experiences and lessons learned.
For protégés specifically, the program offers a way to:
- Work through a current problem in managing a project
- Obtains ideas for how to become more effective
- Fast forward project management skills or solidify a specific skill to be applied in any situation
- Increase PM competencies
- Earn 1 PDU for each hour of qualifying mentoring activity (Education)
For mentors, the program creates the opportunity to:
- Give back to the profession by sharing knowledge and wisdom
- Have a meaningful impact on an individual’s PM skill sets
- Build deeper relationships with other PMIWDC members or prospective members
- Earn 1 PDU credits for each hour of qualifying mentoring activity (Giving Back, Education)
For the Mentor Protégé pair (new for 2020):
Mentor Protégé pairs will be invited to attend a chapter monthly meeting and network with the project management community in the greater Washington DC area.