Project Management Institute Honors Washington, DC Chapter with with a 2012 PMI Chapter Award for Leadership, Planning and Operations Recognition of Excellence
Washington, DC, October 24, 2012— The Project Management Institute, the world's leading project management member association, announces that it has honored the PMI Washington, DC Chapter with a 2012 PMI Chapter Award for Leadership, Planning and Operations Recognition of Excellence. The award was presented during PMI’s annual Awards Ceremony on Saturday, 20 October 2012 at the Vancouver Convention Center.
PMI’s Chapter Award for Leadership, Planning and Operations recognizes chapters that have made a tremendous contribution to the development and implementation of the strategic vision and mission of the Institute through exemplary programs, products and services.
About the Chapter's Recent Accomplishments towards Leadership, Planning and Operations:
A few of the Chapter’s recent accomplishments include:
- Increased membership by 15% to 10,312 members
- Offered PMP exam prep classes to over 200 individuals
- Completed its 5-year, $100,000 endowment to the PMI Educational Foundation
- Changed Election cycle to August to allow new BOD members to transition to new roles
- Instituted four new policies: Ethics, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, and Whistleblower
- Sent 104 e-mails advertising Chapter activities to a contact list of over 46,800 professionals; 100% of the events advertised sold out within 3 weeks of their announcement
- All Chapter monthly dinner meetings were recorded and made available via streaming video eView Programs. 2,000 viewers visited this site in 2011 vs. 1,200 viewers in 2010.
About Project Management Institute (PMI)
PMI is the world’s largest project management member association, representing more than 600,000 practitioners in more than 185 countries. As a global thought leader and knowledge resource, PMI advances the profession through its global standards and credentials, collaborative chapters and virtual communities and academic research. When organizations invest in project management, supported by PMI, executives have confidence that their important initiatives will deliver expected results, greater business value and competitive advantage. Visit us at www.pmi.org, www.facebook.com/PMInstitute, and on Twitter @PMInstitute.