A featured article by Laura Hampton, AVP Local Community
Did you know that PMIWDC spans four Virginia counties and the District of Columbia?
Most of the 20 Local Communities of PMIWDC meet in-person once a month at no cost for about 90 minutes, which includes a guest speaker and networking opportunities at locations convenient to your home or work. Starting November 16 PMIWDC will offer the monthly Virtual Local Community to PMIWDC members. The Virtual Local Community will meet online for 60 minutes each month, as well as provide you and your fellow attendees online networking opportunities the day after the event.
Below is a partial listing of the Local Communities.
- Dunn Loring Local Community, Dunn Loring, VA
- Virtual Local Community, Online
- Ballston Local Community, Ballston, VA
- Shenandoah Valley Community, Winchester, VA
- University of Virginia at Northern Virginia Center Local Community, West Falls Church, VA
- Tysons Corner Luncheons, McLean, VA
- Washington Circle Luncheons, (Foggy Bottom/GWU) Washington, DC
- M2D2 Monthly Downtown DC, (Southwest/L’Enfant) Washington, DC
- Ashburn Local Community, Ashburn, VA
- Reston Luncheon, Reston, VA
- Loudoun Local Community, Sterling, VA
- Agile Meetup, Reston, VA
- Sunrise Valley Luncheons, Reston, VA
- Fair Lakes Luncheons, Fairfax, VA
Past and upcoming guest speakers explore a wide range of topics such as A Key Ingredient for Project Management Success: Change Management, Lead the Change with Values NOT Feelings and Solving Your Agile Pain Points. In exchange for a few minutes of your time, you receive one PDU for attending.
If you would like to learn more about the Local Community near you or attend one of these no-cost events as a PMIWDC member or friend, email firstname.lastname@example.org or browse the PMIWDC calendar for this month and the coming months to find a Local Community event that works with your schedule.
See you soon at a Local Community event near you!