Updates from PMIWDC’s Marketing and Public Relations Operational Area
A featured board article by Veronica Ortiz, VP Marketing and Public Relations
Greetings from Marketing and Public Relations. From the shore to the mountains, and every destination in between, PMIWDC wishes your summer is joyful and rejuvenating. It has been a busy year for Marketing and PR with all the great new events and chapter happenings.
Marketing and PR supports PMIWDC Operational Areas with member and customer facing engagement. We also serve as a communication conduit for the chapter to our membership, partners and sponsors, with a focus on helping everyone achieve the greatest value. Read on to learn about the Chapter’s best for 2017.
Mark your calendars and register today! PMIWDC’s premier educational and networking event the PM Symposium is coming up quickly, September 12. The theme of this full day conference is “Unlocking Your Potential: Keys to Project Management Success”. This event sells out so don’t delay to secure your registration. This year’s highlights include
- 3 Tracks: People in PM, PM in Industry, and Tools, Techniques and Best Practices
- 7 PDUs available touching all 3 legs of the Talent Triangle
- Conveniently located at the Tysons Sheraton with free parking and Metro accessibility
- Free Headshots from Rod Hill Portraits
- Student Rate - New this year!
Social Media Outlets
This year Marketing and PR has worked to increase the chapter’s social media presence as a way to better inform and engage our members, and to support our sponsors. We even added a Meetup site! So in addition to our website, be sure to follow us on the various social media platforms for the latest news on chapter events, many of them free, networking opportunities and valuable offers from our sponsors.
- Twitter - twitter.com/PMIWDC
- Facebook - www.facebook.com/PMIWDC
- LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/groups/3106
- Meetup – www.meetup.com/PMIWDC-Networking-Learning-Events
A primary goal for Marketing and PR is to keep our members informed on how to get the most value from their chapter membership. 2017 has seen a number of new offerings, as well as enhancements to many of our established benefits. For more information on any of the items below, see the PMIWDC website www.pmiwdc.orgor contact me at: email@example.com
- Mentor/Protégé Program
- In-person and virtual Professional Development Programs and PMP prep courses
- Military Outreach - Applying Military Experience for Project Success - actively engaging active and former veterans in the areas of Mentoring, Education and Networking, and Outreach
- PDU providing POV Podcasts, free webinars, and access to the archive of past speaker presentations
- University PM Talks
- PM After Hours monthly networking event
- PMI Career Center Job Board
- Free monthly luncheon speakers providing 1 PDU, now at over 13 locations in the Metro area spanning DC and 5 VA counties
- Monthly chapter meeting improved price and extended networking time
PMIWDC is a not for profit, all-volunteer run organization. So in addition to our many volunteers, our Sponsors play a vital role in the success and growth of the chapter. I would like to take this opportunity thank our loyal sponsors who have supported the chapter over the years and to welcome our newest sponsors.
This year Marketing and PR has put a strong emphasis on working with our Sponsors to listen to their specific needs, promotional goals, and how to help them get the best return on their marketing dollar. The end result has been a reworking of our annual Sustained Sponsorship packages, Event sponsor packages and the addition of Digital and A La Carte options. Highlights of this endeavor are listed below.
- New improved benefits, pricing, and value of our annual Sustained Sponsorship packages
- Improved pricing for Event sponsorships
- New A La Carte Digital and Event sponsorship options
- A new comprehensive Sponsor Prospectus – to view click here: 2017 Sponsor Prospectus
- Wider range of price points for Symposium sponsors packages starting at only $250
- Annual Sponsor Appreciation Lunch – to say thank you and provide a forum for Sponsor input and new ideas
Marketing has one final benefit to offer. If you would like to earn PDUs, get more involved with the chapter, make valuable contacts and have fun, consider applying for one of our volunteer positions.
Open positions include AVP Sponsorship, Social Media Chair, Sponsorship Chair and more! AVP positions are board positions and a stepping stone to the higher ranking VP board positions with voting privileges. To learn more about these positions and apply click here: https://vrms.pmi.org/
In closing I want to thank and acknowledge the great work and support from Kim Braendel, AVP Marketing, Diana Hillman, Director at Large, Ryan Gregory, Social Media and Amy White our new Swag Bag Coordinator. Their time, talent, and dedication has made the successes and positive outcomes this year possible for Marketing and PR.