As 2017 comes to a close we have one more Operational Area to recognize, Operations Services, as an critical part of the organization that helps to keep things operating smoothly. You might think of Operations Services as a PMO for the PMIWDC. Operations Services provides support to the other Operational Areas, PMIWDC chapter leadership, and maintenance of uniform processes in the areas of chapter event, contract negotiation and management, and records management. Operations Services actively works with the Board and membership at-large for the operations support functions that maintain the strategic direction of the Chapter and the alignment of its operations with this direction. Operations Services also manages PMIWDC’s largest contract for our association management firm - Potomac Management Resources (PMR) - who helps us support the needs of our 10,000+ members. PMR has been an extremely valuable partner to PMIWDC and we would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their unwavering support and dedication to this Chapter.
Operations Services not only manages PMR’s contract, but we support• Reviews and negotiations of all Contracts and MOUs that PMIWDC enters into
• Ordering and distribution of all Honoraria for our event speakers
• Development and documentation of PMIWDC management processes
• Support for all PMIWDC events and event policy documentation.
• Records maintenance of all business meetings of the Chapter and meetings of the Board
• Inventory management of PMIWDC property
• Annual Charter renewal of PMIWDC and support for Annual Chapter Awards activities
• Risk Management for PMIWDC
I would like to close by saying thank you to my fellow board members for your support these past two years. I wish each of our PMIWDC members a joyous holiday season and hope you each take some time to be with family and friends.
We are High Impact Community Leaders!