The Association of Business Process Management Professionals is a non-profit, vendor independent professional organization dedicated to the advancement of business process management concepts and its practices. ABPMP has local chapters in several US areas (including DC) and has many more forming in the US and internationally.
The DC Chapter offers an event nearly every month, from free “Breakfast with BPM” to a more formal dinner seminar following the PMI model (networking, dinner, and a keynote speaker). You’ll have an opportunity to meet other professionals in the DC area facing the same business problems as you:
- How can we document our processes? What good will it do us?
- How can we drive change?
- What’s enterprise architecture? How can we leverage it?
- How can we get Six Sigma working in our organization?
- Why doesn’t workflow seem to help with our IT projects?
How to Join ABPMP
ABPMP’s DC Chapter Offers:
- Nearly monthly event – Breakfast with BPM (networking and a short presentation, breakfast included), Dinner Seminars (following the “PMI” model of networking, dinner, and a 45 minute seminar), holiday happy hours, conference discounts, training opportunities, and more
- Member “communities of practice” forming – business process in the federal space, business process for non-profits, etc.
- Bi-annual chapter newsletter that includes white papers, case studies, and an update on “what’s happening” in the DC Chapter.
- Access to ABPMP member-only content, including presentations from other Chapters and access to columns published in periodicals such as BPMInstitute’s BPM Strategies.