Are You Talking To Me? Managing And Communicating Across Generations at Work
Valli Swerdlow, MSW
PMIWDC Non-Member Rate
This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the FAA Luncheon Series page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
Federal Aviation Administration, Bessie Coleman Conference Room
800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, , 20591
- 11:30 am: Networking begins
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm: Program
- Keynote Speaker: Valli Swerdlow
Look around! You can’t help but notice people of all ages working side-by-side in most organizations. Did you realize that for the first time in history the following four generations are working together?
- Baby Boomers
- Generation Xs
Are these different age groups working harmoniously in your organization? Could they be working more effectively with increased productivity? The workplace challenges employees about how to talk, how to use body language and how to express themselves so that their messages are understand and acknowledged. But, have you ever had a conversation with someone from another generation in which you did not entirely understand the dynamics and walked away realizing you wanted to turn around and say, “Come again! Were you talking to me? If so, what did you mean? I don’t get it!” Human Resource professionals have acknowledged the strain, or that a disconnect can happen among employees, especially of different generations, because of diverse perspectives on issues such as work ethics, attitudes, behaviors and leadership styles.Communication and collaboration are the keys to productivity and innovation. One-size-fits-all or a cookie cutter approach to developing communication, leadership and motivation so as to ensure retention and productivity is not going to work. If you are open to experiencing how you can be part of the solution to the multi-generational challenges at work then this presentation is for you. Promises of the presentation -- what it will cover:
- Explore the attitudes, values and expectations of the four generations:
- Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation Xs and the Millennials.
- Understand what motivates each generation to increase corporate and organizational retention as well as promote innovation.
- Experience the gifts and differences that each generation brings to the workplace and how you will be more prepared to go to work with a different attitude.
This session is free of charge, pre-registration is required. Space is limited for this meeting. Please contact the PMIWDC office at 703-683-4804 with any cancellations. Please note that attendees who do NOT have an FAA/DOT badge must use the building entrance on Independence Avenue. Space is limited for this meeting. Please contact the PMIWDC office at 703-683-4804 with any cancellations.
About the Speaker
Valli Swerdlow, MSW
- Proven career development and strategic planning methodologies;
- A variety of 360° Leadership and reputation assessments; and,
- Meyers-Briggs (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory.
About the FAA Luncheon Series
Join us for PMIWDC's monthly luncheon series at the Federal Aviation Administration.