IT Baseline Management at the Department of Labor
Ms. Carol Vernon
PMIWDC Non-Member Rate
This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the FAA Luncheon Series page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
Federal Aviation Administration, Bessie Coleman Conference Room
800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, , 20591
- 11:30 am: Networking begins
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm: Program
- Keynote Speaker: Carol Vernon
The Seminar demonstrates the value proposition of Strategic Thinking and Strategic Messaging: This presentation covers the Department of Labor's policy, process, requirements, and resources for four major components of IT baseline management:
- Reporting on, and
- Changing IT baselines.
- Common problems with baselines are discussed, along with strategies for preventing those problems. The following resources are reviewed:
- “Requirements for Establishing a Baseline,”
- “The IT Cost Estimation Checklist,” and
- “The Rebaseline Tracker.”
- The presentation also addresses modifying current IT governance processes to incorporate IT baseline management oversight and re-allocating capital planning resources to “do more with less.” By focusing more resources on establishing robust, comprehensive, accurate baselines, Federal IT capital planners and investment managers can avoid future problems resulting from ineffective baselines.
This session is free of charge, pre-registration is required. Space is limited for this meeting. Please contact the PMIWDC office at 703-683-4804 with any cancellations.
Please note that attendees who do NOT have an FAA/DOT badge must use the building entrance on Independence Avenue.
Space is limited for this meeting. Please contact the PMIWDC office at 703-683-4804 with any cancellations.
About the Speaker
Ms. Carol Vernon
As the IT Capital Planning Program Manager at the Department of Labor (DOL), Ms. Vernon is responsible for directing DOL's IT Capital Planning Program which encompasses department-wide processes and policies for IT portfolio and investment management, Select-Control-Evaluate, IT budget formulation, IT baseline management, OMB IT Dashboard reporting, and Earned Value Management as well as an extensive IT capital planning training program for DOL's IT investment managers.
Ms. Vernon has written IT policy and guidance for DOL including the DOL Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) Guide, the DOL IT Baseline Management Guide, the Integrated Baseline Review Guide, the IT Project Cost Estimation Checklist and Summary Report, and various tools and templates for capital planning processes such as the Cost Benefit Analysis, Operational Analysis, Acquisition Plan, and Post Implementation Review. In March 2012
Ms. Vernon is speaking on “The Department of Labor’s IT Baseline Management Process” at the annual Federal CPIC Forum.
About the FAA Luncheon Series
Join us for PMIWDC's monthly luncheon series at the Federal Aviation Administration.