Strategic Planning – What, Why, and How
PMIWDC Non-Member Rate
This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the FAA Luncheon Series page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
Federal Aviation Administration, Bessie Coleman Conference Room
800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, , 20591
- 11:30 am: Networking begins
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm: Program
- Keynote Speaker: John Lever
- Challenges the long held notion that Strategic Planning is a one size fits all template to be applied every 5 years.
- Demonstrates the value of strategic planning in aligning resources towards a common goal.
- Defines value of the strategic plan as process, not the final version/deliverable of the plan.
- Strategy vs. Tactics
- Stop, Think, Plan & Act
- Baseline, Inventory and Assessment Processes
- GAP Analysis and End State Analysis
- The “Roadmap”
- Closing the gap / Tactical Integration
- Performance Monitoring and Controls
- Balanced Scorecard, Executive Dashboard
This Session is free of charge. Pre-registration is required.
Please note that attendees who do NOT have an FAA/DOT badge must use the building entrance on Independence Avenue.
About the Speaker
Mr. Lever has over 20 years of experience in management and management consulting. He founded the Lever Group in 2004 to leverage his experience supporting clients, managing programs and leading re-engineering efforts. Prior to forming the Lever Group, he led practice teams at BearingPoint, KPMG Consulting, and KPMG. In industry, Mr. Lever served for three years as the Chief Information Officer for Navix Radiology Systems, a multistate health care firm and as an IT Project Manager for Baptist Health Systems of South Florida.
The Lever Group is focused on providing solutions to complex leadership and management problems. Drawing upon subject matter expertise and experiences supporting a wide portfolio of federal clients, they have developed a Strategic Planning Process that emphasizes Strategic Thinking and Strategic Messaging. At DHS and component agencies, they are leveraging a Mentor Protégé Agreement with Ernst & Young to propel innovative strategic solutions.
Outside of management consulting, Mr. Lever is a community leader in Washington DC and has twice been elected as an Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner representing his Single Member District in the District.
About the FAA Luncheon Series
Join us for PMIWDC's monthly luncheon series at the Federal Aviation Administration.