Vice President of Professional Development
Membership elected volunteer leader responsible for the content and administering the chapter’s professional development and educational events in accordance with chapter policies and bylaws.
- PMIWDC Member in good standing
- Demonstrated understanding of PMI Code of Ethics
- Minimum of 2 years PMI volunteer experience (1 year PMIWDC experience)
- Minimum of 4 years project management experience
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Prepare members and potential members to attain and maintain PMI certifications
- Ensure materials and content in preparation courses are updated as new versions of certification exams are introduced.
- Deliver high quality PM education, training, certification courses, and programs (e.g. PMP prep training, Agile training for PMs, and all-day educational seminars).
- All-day educational seminars subjects generally include: leadership training, risk, agile enterprise, and soft skills.
- Virtual courses generally include: PMP prep, Agile Enterprise, and Risk Management.
- Manage the chapter mentorship program
- Maintain relationships with Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s) and Educational Institutions.
- Define strategies for improving professional development and training programs.
- Develop and implement a chapter professional development plan, including a program roadmap for professional development content programs.
- Develop plans for and coordinate the chapter’s external educational activities, such as study groups, seminars, workshops, courses, professional development days and other educational activities.
- Manage chapter-created credential examination review courses.
- Provide information to members and nonmembers on career development.
- Provide information and guidance to members and nonmembers on certification/recertification in the context of PMI.
- Incorporate feedback, suggestions and recommendations as necessary to enhance effectiveness and value delivered to the audience and chapter regarding the contents of educational programs, training courses, training content, and mentoring program.
- Work with the AVP of Communications to promote the education, certification, as well as training opportunities offered by the chapter.
- Recommend, develop and deliver project management education materials, courses, presentations and sessions including leadership development training programs.
- Seek new PM professional development programs and services through networking with other educational organizations, corporations, and PMI chapters.
- Develop and maintain a measurement tool to evaluate the effectiveness of all training and educational programs offered; thereby ensuring we are staying current and meeting the community’s needs.
- Oversee educational program and content, training programs, and mentoring program.
- Content & Curriculum Development
- Knowledge of PMI Credentials and PDUs