Failure is NOT an option…but it should be!
Valli Swerdlow, MSW
PMIWDC Non-Member Rate
This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the PM Industry Insights page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
Experience a moving hands-on leadership workshop called "Failure isn't an option...but it should be!" for private and public sector organizations, sales force and solo entrepreneurs. A coaching client gave me permission to share her story about how she found her passion based on her journey which began facing bankruptcy, losing a co-founded family business with her husband, moving after losing a home, and legal bills piling up. Her passion was discovered in a completely different industry and is now a motivational speaker and soon-to-be author. Explore ways to overcome anxiety so that we can encourage risk both professionally, personally and with our families and friends. Take a-ways:
- Accelerate your creativity and innovation – Change your story and change your life
- Increa$e your earning potential and lifetime nest egg - Turn around negative self-talk and subliminal messages so that we can become successful, happy and encourage innovation.
- What if your current definition of success and failure holds you back from moving forward?
- What if instead of the word “failure” you replaced it with empowering words like powerful, resilient, and strong?
- What if by repeating “Sometimes you have to change your story!” the equation of moving toward success and away from failure was turned around to go for NO instead of go for yes?
Fairview Park Marriott
3111 Fairview Park Drive
Falls Churchc, VA, 22042
Immediately before the Chapter Dinner Meeting. at 5:30pm.
Preregistration is required at this PM Tools session. To ensure adequate space for our guests, we began requiring preregistration and a small fee for PM Tools in October 2011.
About the Speakers
Valli Swerdlow, MSW
- Proven career development and strategic planning methodologies;
- A variety of 360° Leadership and reputation assessments; and,
- Meyers-Briggs (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory.
About the PM Industry Insights
PM Industry Insights is PMIWDC's workshop series that addresses the practical aspects of Project Management.
These sessions are to provide you with insights on what is going on in the local industry so you can learn from it. This discussion-based session will include presentations on tools, industry panels, interviews with industry experts, workshops, etc. The target presenters will be individuals from PMO’s, university professors, consultants, etc.
Both PM Industry Insights and the monthly dinner meeting are worth 1 Professional Development Unit (PDU) each to certified PMPs. Continued certification as a PMP requires the accumulation of these valuable credits and we are pleased to offer this opportunity to obtain both the important training and the educational credit associated with it.