This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the Monthly Dinner Meetings page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
Location and Cost
Fairview Park Marriott 3111 Fairview Park Drive
Falls Church, Virginia 22042
Corporate table for 10: $500
Chapter Members: $45
5:00 PM - Registration Opens
5:30 PM - PM Tools
5:30 PM - Networking Reception & Cash Bar
6:15 PM - New Member Meet & Greet
7:00 PM - Dinner & Cash Bar
8:00 PM - Guest Speaker
9:00 PM - Adjourn
About the Program:
Are you pleased with the quality of your personal and professional relationships or is there room for improvement? Do you often feel misunderstood by others? Do you waste large portions of your day engaged in non-productive – even contentious – interactions, conversations and meetings that leave you drained and stressed? Do you enjoy the level of success and happiness that you desire? If not, are you ready to empower yourself to get the life you want and deserve?
What you’ll learn:
- Why Self-awareness is key to your professional relationships and career success
- How ‘Mindless’ thoughts sabotage your goals
- The two root emotions and their impact on every aspect of your life
- Emotion, behavior and stress triggers
- The source of office conflicts and negativity and how to diffuse them
- How by changing this you will advance your career and your success
- How to create the life you really want
Value to participants:
- Become an Authentic Leader and communicator – inspiring the trust and support of others.
- Use cognitive behavior to drive business economics.
- Engage in those difficult conversations – with anyone - without the need to fight or flee.
- Significantly enhance the quality of every interaction, conversation, and meeting – inspiring others to follow.
- Develop thought patterns that naturally attract want you want – rather than what you don’t want!
- Achieve career goals and aspirations with the support of others.
- Manage stress and improve the quality of your physical, mental and emotional health and well being.
- PMPs earn PDUs after completing this workshop.
About the Speaker:
Sheila Savar is the founder and CEO of The Savar Institute, a firm that specializes in the Human Element of business – the leadership, communication, interpersonal and social skills necessary for professional and personal success.
In early 2010 Sheila developed and launched EmPowered! the firm’s Signature Program to rave audience reviews. EmPowered is a trilogy consisting of the leadership, communication and social skills every indivual needs to enhance their interactions, conversations and relationships – professionally and personally.
Sheila is a recognized keynote speaker, developmental facilitator and author of The Power of Networking – and has earned acclaim from global business leaders such as The World Bank, BAE, CACI, Microsoft, AOL, Duetche Telekom and PMI – to name a few.
In 2009 she was admitted to Vistage International as an Expert Resource Speaker. Vistage is a prestigious organization with over 15,000 CEO members in 16 countries and only first-in-class Presenters and facilitator are selected for admission.
About Corporate Tables
A Corporate Table allows you to reserve a marked table at our monthly Membership dinner, with room for 10 of your representatives at the $50 per person rate regardless of whether or not your representatives are members of PMI!
You can designate your attendees in advance, or leave the seats open for maximum flexibility. Corporate tables are a great way for your organization to show support for PMIWDC while at the same time giving your team discounted access to quality educational content.