This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the Washington Circle Luncheons page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
Networking at its Best
Date and Agenda:
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
11:30am - Networking
12:00 through 1:00pm - Presentation
1 PDU Credit for Certified PMPs
Location and Cost
This luncheon is free and open to the public.
Advance registration is required to attend.
2101 L Street NW
Washington DC, 20037
About the Presentation
Learn the rules and tools for making great connections in a variety of settings and across cultures. Make strategic use of your networking time, find resources, get more visible, and attract opportunity. In this presentation, you’ll learn how showing character and competence makes people want to build their relationships with you. Using the 8 Networking Competencies, you’ll learn how to:
- Advance through the 6 stages in any relationship
- Remember names - - and teach them yours
- Answer "What do you do?" in a way that shows your character & competence
- Steer small talk to uncover resources and opportunity
- Teach people how to use your expertise, what to count on you for
- Become the natural and only choice when opportunity arises
- Know what to do and say in a variety of professional situations
- Penetrate the "inner circle" in the groups you join
- Re-connect, follow up and stay in touch for long-term mutual benefit
About the Speaker
Jim is an associate of Contacts Count, the nationwide training and consulting firm that specializes in professional and business networking. His recent clients include Time Warner Cable and the Smithsonian Institution. Through his work Jim has become known as “the Wylde Man of Networking.” His background includes 16 years with the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the main source of multilateral financing and expertise for economic and social development in Latin America and the Caribbean. He has also been a Diversity & Inclusion Consultant to the World Bank Group.
About the Washington Circle Luncheons
PMIWDC's Washington Circle luncheons are a series of free brownbag luncheons hosted at 2101 L St NW in Downtown DC. There are luncheons every fourth Wednesday of the month, unless posted otherwise.
Formerly known as the McPherson Square luncheons, this program series is made possible by the generous support of RTKL Associates, a full-service planning, architecture and creative services organization based in Washington Circle.
Washington Circle luncheons are free and open to the public, but pre-registration is required for all programs