This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the PM Industry Insights page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
Steps to Better Organization
Susan Kousek, Certified Professional Organizer®
PM Tools is always free of charge, and registration is not required.
Every third Tuesday of each
month, at 5:30,
Immediately before the Tysons Corner Dinner meeting.
LocationSheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner 8661 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA
About the ProgramOverwhelmed? Emails getting buried? Missing deadlines?
Save time and reduce stress by being better organized. Learn techniques you can use immediately to stay organized both at work and at home. Certified Professional Organizer® Susan Kousek, will share techniques for:
- Decision-making – Move confidently through email messages and paper
- Paper Processes – Avoid time spent searching for lost papers
- Focus vs. Multitasking – The pros and cons
- Follow-up Systems – Create a system you will remember to follow
- Prioritizing and Re-prioritizing – Assess tasks daily and shift activities to meet goals
- Daily Actions – Take these two actions every day to stay on track
About the Speaker
Susan’s 20 years of experience as a hands-on organizer working with individuals in their offices and homes and her prior experience as an office manager in a major trade association have contributed to her wealth of knowledge in the field of organizing and time management. Susan is passionate about organizing and loves teaching people how to lead a more organized life, both through working with them one-on-one and teaching them in a workshop environment.
She works with her clients to help them:
- Create and implement their filing systems, including processing huge backlogs of papers
- Declutter and organize their personal workspace, as well as common areas of the office (supply area, reception area, etc.)
- Organize their computer documents and email messages
Workshops and presentations offered include:
- The GO (Get Organized) System
- Unpile Your Desk (File & Find Your Papers Fast)
- Take Back Your Time
- Control Your Email
- Optimize Your Workspace
Her clients range from solopreneurs to large corporations and everything in between – small companies, trade associations, non-profits, and local & federal government agencies. Susan is an active member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO), the National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization (NSGCD), and the National Speakers Association (NSA).