This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the PMI Global Events page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
PMI Government Forum
A PMI Global Event
Join PMI for a day of engaging presentations from key thought leaders, new PM-focused government research results and network with industry PM professionals.
Dates and Location
Wednesday, June 16, 2010Westin City Center Hotel, 1400 M Street NW Washington, D.C.
Cost and Registration
There is no cost to attend, but space is limited for this event, so please RSVP by 9 June 2010 via email to Government.firstname.lastname@example.org. Attire is business casual.
- 9:00 – 10:15AM: PMI CEO and President, Gregory Balestrero – Presentation: Global Government Stimulus and The Role of Project Management
- 10:15-10:45AM: Break
- 10:45AM – 12 Noon: Mr. Jitinder Kohli, Center for American Progress – Presentation: Doing what works - ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Federal government
- 12:00 – 1:00PM: Lunch and networking
- 1:00PM – 2:00PM: Mr. James H. Washington, VP and Chief Acquisition Officer of the FAA – Presentation: The role project and program management played in removing the FAA from GAO’s High Risk List
- 2:15PM-2:45PM: Break
- 2:45PM – 4:00PM: Best Practices in Program Management of US Federal Government Program – Panel discussion by consultants from Booz Allen Hamilton, PWC, and Accenture who conducted a joint study with PMI.
A continental breakfast will be served from 8:30-9:00AM and lunch will be served at noon.
A total of FIVE Professional Development Units (PDUs) can be earned for attending this event.
If you have any additional questions regarding this event please don’t hesitate to contact us at Government.email@example.com.
Upcoming PMI Government Events
PMI will be hosting the second Government Roundtable of 2010 on 21 July at the Westin City Center Hotel. This event will be held during lunch time from 12:00 – 1:30PM. If you’d like to attend, please contact Government.firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your calendar!