This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the Quantico Outreach Meetings page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
"The Importance of Project Management in Reducing the Global Threat of Nuclear Terrorism"
Deputy Director, Global Threat Reduction Initiative
National Nuclear Security Administration, DOE
Date and Agenda:
11:30am through 1:00pm
1 PDU Credit for Certified PMs
Location:The Clubs at Quantico
Marine Corps Base
Staff NCO Bar
3017 Russell Road
Quantico, VA 22134
About the Speaker:
Mr. Kenneth Sheely
Mr. Sheely has been a federal project manager for nuclear security, nonproliferation and international safeguards programs for 20 years. He is currently the Deputy Director for DOE/NNSA's Global Threat Reduction Initiative (GTRI) which is aimed at reducing and protecting vulnerable nuclear and radiological materials located at civilian sites worldwide. Prior assignments include:
- Lead Expert, NNSA's Performance Evaluation Process
- Deputy Director, NNSA's Materials Protection Control and Accounting (MPC&A) Program
- Project Manager, NNSA's International Safeguards Division
- From the North or South, take I-95 Exit 148.
- At the bottom of the ramp turn toward US 1 (east) and proceed to the Gate.
- Stop at the sentry booth and get a visitor pass if needed. Proceed approximately 3.5 miles.
- The Clubs at Quantico are located in the second building on the right.
- The meeting will be in the SNCO Club located on the left side of the building.