This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the Quantico Outreach Meetings page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
"Improving the Business Process Model:
A Human Constraint Approach"
Mark Lefcowitz, CMBB, PMP
MCL & Associates, Inc.
Date and Agenda:
11:30am through 1:00pm
1 PDU Credit for Certified PMs
- Online Preregistration - $13.00
- At the Door - $15.00
Location:The Clubs at Quantico
Marine Corps Base
3017 Russell Road
Quantico, VA 22134
About the Program
After almost a century languishing in the waste-bin of history, this presentation re-introduces President Theodore Roosevelt's issue of "national efficiency". Within this general framework, Mr. Lefcowitz suggests that a new approach to process improvement is needed.
As a first step, he suggests an alteration to the Business Process Model (BPM), based upon what is known about human behavior, rather than the current mechanical approach.
About the Speaker
Mark Lefcowitz, CMBB, PMP holds B.A. degree from the University of Pittsburgh and is completing post graduate work; he is a Project Management Professional (PMP) and a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt (CMBB). Mark has worked for a number of consulting firms and since 2001 is president of MCL & Associates, Inc., Fredericksburg, VA.
Mark is experienced in:
- Program and Project Management
- Operations Research/Systems Analysis
- Six Sigma and Process Improvement
- Organizational Change Management
- Business and System Risk Analysis
- Department of Defense, Defense Intelligence Agency, Bolling AFB, Washington, DC.
- Consultant, Business Processing Re-engineering/Business Process Improvement (BPR/BPI) Initiative
- United States Army, Installation Management Command (IMCOM), Crystal City, VA
- Technology Program Manager, Army Continuing Education System (ACES) Program
- Operations Research/Systems Analysis (ORSA), Task Force/Year of Manpower (TF-YOM)
- Booz | Allen | Hamilton, Inc., Global Operations, McLean, VA
- Project Manager, Gemini Program, Storage Area Network (SAN) Replacement
- Project Manager, Gemini Program, Extranet Project
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, Harrisburg, PA
- Evaluation Specialist, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Selection Project
- BEA Systems, Inc., Reston, VA
- EVMS Analyst, Communication, Navigation Identification & Reconnaissance (CNIR), Future Combat Systems (FCS) Project
- From the North or South, take I-95 Exit 148.
- At the bottom of the ramp turn toward US 1 (east) and proceed to the Gate.
- Stop at the sentry booth and get a visitor pass if needed. Proceed approximately 3.5 miles.
- The Clubs at Quantico are located in the second building on the right.
- The meeting will be in the SNCO Club located on the left side of the building.